Mobile phones are no longer just some sort of luxurious accessories. With how advanced the technology has become, these compact devices now serve beneficial purposes such as tools for learning, equipment for business operations, or platforms for instant and reliable communications.
While cellular phones have been somewhat normalized, it doesn’t negate the possibility of cyber risks and dangers. And though users are at the comfort of their own homes, per se, if they actively but mindlessly use mobile phones, they tend to expose themselves to online predators. So if you’re a parent to a kid or a teen who owns or uses a smartphone, it would be wise for you to monitor your child remotely. In fact, phone monitoring for teens has become one of the most efficient parenting methods in this digital age. Here are some tips on how to properly initiate and accomplish remote monitoring.
Pros and Cons of the Platforms They Use
Smartphones are internet-enabled devices, meaning wherever you are and whenever you want, you can access the web or connect with your loved ones virtually. Hence, it’s not surprising that even teens or kids would like to have one.
However, as parents, it must be clear for both of you what the ultimate purpose is before buying and trusting your teens with their own devices. By establishing the goal, you’d know what type of phone to get, which software version is most appropriate, or what operating system could best cater to your child’s needs. Also, it would give you an idea of what level of security protocols and parental controls to put in place.
Aside from the device itself, you must know which apps your teen plans to install. It’s best that you pre-install essential apps and utility tools, and if deemed necessary, you create the accounts yourself. You must also understand the common apps teens use nowadays and understand the advantages and disadvantages of each. Here are some of those.
- Messaging Apps. Third-party instant messaging apps like Viber, WhatsApp, Skype, Kik, and Facebook Messenger.
- Instant sending and receiving chats, stickers, GIFs, memes, and any other media content.
- High-quality audio and video calls for free.
- Ability to connect with anyone.
- Private messaging or end-to-end encryption.
- Unable to 100% verify one’s identity.
- Vulnerable to virus attacks or data exploitations.
- Exposure to inappropriate content.
- Social Networks. Social networking sites such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Snapchat.
- Easily connect with loved ones.
- Meet new people and expand social networks.
- Real-time updates on world news and social trends.
- Showcase talents/skills and outlet for personal emotions/feelings.
- Den of catfishers, swindlers, and all sorts of online predators.
- Malicious and suggestive media content.
- Fake news and harmful trends.
- Streaming Sites. Online streaming platforms like YouTube, TikTok, LiveMe, Twitch, and Netflix.
- Accessible and convenient.
- Fun and exciting features.
- Real-time sharing and viewing.
- Age-inappropriate content.
- Live streaming could be used for actually bullying, violence, or even suicide.
- Target venue for adware and ransomware.
- Gaming Platforms. Gaming apps such as Roblox, Candy Crush, Clash of Clans, Call of Duty, and Solitaire.
- Promote mental exercise and physical development.
- Broadens imagination and enhances strategic thinking.
- Educational benefits.
- Helps teens with special needs.
- Inappropriate content.
- In-game purchases.
- Dating Apps. Dating sites like Tinder, Coffee Meets Bagel, Buble Date, and Yubo.
- Exploring options.
- An accessible way to meet someone.
- Start your relationship slowly.
- Catfishers, swindlers, and all sorts of online predators.
- Suggestive photos and videos.
- Trolls and malware.
Essential Phone Parental Controls
To ensure your teen’s safety, you can start with enabling all available parental controls built into their devices and installing security tools. From guiding their phone time management to regulating their social media use, consistent and thorough monitoring could significantly help you steer them away from cyber threats and online predators.
Here are some easy but effective parental controls, security protocols, and safety nets you can initiate.
- Set screen time limits.
- Turn on location tracking features.
- Enable phone parental controls.
- Activate safe searching.
- Block inappropriate sites.
- Filter media content.
- Download anti-malware programs.
- Install parental control software.
Best Phone Monitoring Software: Key Factors to Consider
As the term implies, phone monitoring software is a type of software that’s specifically programmed to remotely track all online and offline activities within the target mobile phone. Monitoring apps are designed to extract valuable information and provide relevant data in real-time.
Due to such advanced codes and algorithms, parental control apps could be great tools to track your child and monitor their phone and online activities. Such programs grant you remote and real-time access, making it easier for you to identify and address issues, as well as protect your teens from cyber threats and online predators.
When you search for a spy app, tons of product names will show up – all claiming to be “the best in the market.” To help you make the right choice, here are some key factors you might want to consider.
● Inclusive Features and Services
You have to know what exactly you want to achieve and what features to look for. Do you need software that monitors social media accounts or one that captures location history? Do you need just a web filtering feature or an all-in-one media content filter?
It would, of course, be best to opt for spyware that offers a myriad of essential tracking tools and advanced monitoring features. TurboSpy, for instance, offers monitoring, tracking, parental controls, security protocols, safety nets, and modern solutions – all squeezed in one affordable subscription plan.
● Device Compatibility and App Accessibility
While most spy apps are compatible with Android and iOS devices, not all provide intricate and reliable monitoring for each device type or version. Be sure to select a premium app like Highster Mobile that won’t require you to jailbreak or root the target phone to enjoy the features it offers. Also, this works well with iPhones and iPads without the risk of iCloud account locking.
You must also look into the accessibility and convenience of the control panel dashboard. Go for software with a user-friendly interface such as Easy Spy or in-depth and intricate tool programming such as DDI Utilities.
● Software Reliability and Credibility
Unless there’s something like a demo account or a free trial plan, you won’t know for sure if spy software is, indeed, as reliable and as credible as its developers claim. As an alternative, check out trusted feedback and rating sites, and browse through what customers say.
You might want to consider the number of downloads or active users, as well as current market ratings. Choose elite apps like Auto Forward or PhoneSpector – each has over a million downloads across the globe with Reviews.io ratings of 4.9 and 4.7, respectively.
● Subscription Packages and Prices
Regardless of whether the budget is an issue or not, be sure to cross-reference the package price and package inclusions. You have to consider which app can provide the greatest value for your money more than the amount itself.
TurboSpy, Highster Mobile, Easy Spy, DDI Utilities, Auto Forward, and PhoneSpector are premium and powerful monitoring apps with advanced features and reliable parental controls. Moreover, all these can be purchased for a one-time payment only – no recurring billings, hidden charges, or extra fees.
Phone monitoring for teens may be one of the most efficient parenting methods in this digital age, but it could also be the trickiest one. When not taken with enough caution and deliberate planning, you might end up protecting your child’s mobile device and data but ruining your relationship with them. So like any other parenting method, be sure to find that perfect balance of ensuring your teen’s safety and letting them live as safely as possible.